• Advertisement

4JG2 diesel injectors

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

4JG2 diesel injectors

Postby nivaman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:14 pm

So was playing around with a spare set of injectors and one thing I noticed was when the injector was opening, the diesel spray was not coming out of the main nozzle but out of the tiny hole off to the side.
Is this normal?, is this how these injectors work?, I cannot find much online about these injectors.
I pulled an injector apart and gave it a quick clean and retested it but the same thing happened.
Is it feasible to increase the pop off pressure to (say) 2500psi, from what I have read it will retard injection timing while other readings say it will atomize the fuel better.
What are peoples thoughts?.
nivaman
Isuzu Baby

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1994 Isuzu Bighorn LS 3.1 TDi SWB.

Re: 4JG2 diesel injectors

Postby tonkamu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 pm

Could be because its indirect injection engine, it shoot's spray into a pre-chamber I think. something like that
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Return to Special Mods