• Advertisement

Inside Wayne's Rodeo

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

Inside Wayne's Rodeo

Postby wbski007 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:15 am

thought I'd share some photos of the inside of my Rodeo, so now you all will know that I march to a differant drummer than most people, :shock: I removed the rear seats and put in a 55 GAL plastic drum for my WVO, also there is a good size 12V suction pump and 25' of hose so I can go to resturants and pump out their WVO tank and put the oil into the 55, from the 55 GAL tank when I need to, I pump it out with a smaller 12V pump thru the filter you see on the end of the tank and into my main fuel tank and from there it goes thru a heated fuel line and then thru two more filters I have under the bonnet before going to the injection pump, in all with the stock fuel tank and the second one I put under the back and the 55Gal up top I can carry 95 gals of useable fuel, which at say 20 MPG towing the caravan, comes out to at least 1800 miles, not bad,HUH ;) The rest of the stuff in the back are tools, parts and anything else I can take with me while I'm out on the road, always be prepared I always say, there isn't much I can't do if I brake down, even in the middle of nowhere, on long trips I even carry a 2000 W petrol generator, air compressor and small mig welder, holy cow am I nuts or what, but I'm having fun and I love pulling my caravan with my Rodeo and that's all that counts, right? :D
Picture%20031.jpg

Picture%20030.jpg

Picture%20035.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Re: Inside Wayne's Rodeo

Postby Blondini » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm

O M G you carry alot of stuff in that truck. Ill have to come and have a look at your setup when i come over soon.
I wont be living to far away from you (Morley MO)
Blondini
Isuzu Senior

City: Papamoa Tauranga
Vehicle: 93 ISUZU BIGHORN 3.1 TDI 5 DOOR
POD FILTER, 2 1/2" EXHAUST AND FREE FLOW MUFFLER
HOME MADE 3" SNORKEL AND HANKOOK RT03 265/75/16 (32") MUD TYRES.

Postby wbski007 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Blondini, Are you moving to the states permently or just to visit
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby Blondini » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Long working holiday
Blondini
Isuzu Senior

Postby wbski007 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 am

Hey you will always be welcome here Chris, I even have a guest house for visitors
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby Blondini » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Sounds good. Ill bring the bourbon
Blondini
Isuzu Senior

Postby wbski007 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 am

I love boubon
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby electrifying » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:37 pm

just saw your setup, impressive, the boot isn't quite packed to the top yet (hehe).
bighorn = fun
If you see a bighorn, and the exhaust smells of BBQ or fish & chips, it's probably me
Nick
electrifying
Isuzu Junior

City: Palmerston North
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn, 2.8TD with inter-cooler. 4JB1T. 1991. Runs on vege oil. has two alternators. Now has a diff air locker, and snorkel.

Postby wbski007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:29 am

As you can see I'm not as organized as you, for that matter anyone :o I tend to have a small problem with neatness, OK OK its a big problem :roll: Since that photo was taken I've added a few more filters, its harder filtering oil out on the road but my system seams to work OK. Right now I'm in the process of moving to Arizona, there is'nt any humidity here like in Florida, its a very dry climite, lots better for being outside, hot dry days but cool nites and best of all no mosquitos, I hate those little blood sucking devils :twisted:
Right now I staying out here in my camper at Silverado RV park, Douglas AZ, its rite on the Mexican border, its 40 acres in the desert and I love it, I just happened to stop here for the night over a month ago and never left, the owner is old and needs help with her animals, she told me if I stay I could have free hookups, that's sewer, water, electric, including WIFI, if I would feed her horse's once a day and tidy up the place a bit, well its been great, its worked out so well the I asked her if she wanted me to stay permitily and she said she couldn't be happier with that. I needed something a little bigger to stay in if I'm going to live here and I spotted a old trailer in the back of a trucking co in town and it happened to be 4 sale, $300 was the price and what a bargan. Its a 1955 Roycraft built here in Michagan when things were still built with pride :D Its 35' X 8' and in very sound shape.
Next week I'm headed back to Florida in the ZU to pick up my stuff from there, including my old Dodge fire truck, which I intend to load to the hilt and drive back here towing the Rodeo, what an adventure that's going to be, The Dodge sould be fine pulling everything with the Cummins and a 5 speed I have in it, I mean its only a 1500 miles :o trip :shock, its so nice to be retired and single!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby electrifying » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:55 am

That is so awesome. I am jealous, i have been looking for a caravan for a long time, & want a really big one!
Looks like you have got a fantastic deal all round. Is there much hope for collecting vege oil there?
I am assuming you have hooked the fire truck up to vege oil too?
Looks so different to NZ, If i ever head out to America, i will go for a visit :D (still have to finish uni first).
bighorn = fun
If you see a bighorn, and the exhaust smells of BBQ or fish & chips, it's probably me
Nick
electrifying
Isuzu Junior

City: Palmerston North
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn, 2.8TD with inter-cooler. 4JB1T. 1991. Runs on vege oil. has two alternators. Now has a diff air locker, and snorkel.

Postby wbski007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:41 am

Veggy oil isn't as plentiful here as in Florida, but I think I'll be able to find enough to keep me going, actully its getting harder to find everywhere, big recyaling co's are getting alot more of it, they are even starting to pay for it, bummer. Yeah the old Dodge burns it to, I've got a good stock pile in Florida, so once I get there I will have plenty enough to make the trip back here, with buying very little diesel to mix with the veggy. Boy would I love to see NZ but I know that's never going to happen, the closes't I'll ever get is watching Lord of the rings. If you ever made it out this way I sure could fix you up with a place to stay. Happy trails
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby jmplim » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:01 am

wbski007 wrote:thought I'd share some photos of the inside of my Rodeo, so now you all will know that I march to a differant drummer than most people, :shock: I removed the rear seats and put in a 55 GAL plastic drum for my WVO, also there is a good size 12V suction pump and 25' of hose so I can go to resturants and pump out their WVO tank and put the oil into the 55, from the 55 GAL tank when I need to, I pump it out with a smaller 12V pump thru the filter you see on the end of the tank and into my main fuel tank and from there it goes thru a heated fuel line and then thru two more filters I have under the bonnet before going to the injection pump, in all with the stock fuel tank and the second one I put under the back and the 55Gal up top I can carry 95 gals of useable fuel, which at say 20 MPG towing the caravan, comes out to at least 1800 miles, not bad,HUH ;) The rest of the stuff in the back are tools, parts and anything else I can take with me while I'm out on the road, always be prepared I always say, there isn't much I can't do if I brake down, even in the middle of nowhere, on long trips I even carry a 2000 W petrol generator, air compressor and small mig welder, holy cow am I nuts or what, but I'm having fun and I love pulling my caravan with my Rodeo and that's all that counts, right? :D
Picture%20031.jpg

Picture%20030.jpg

Picture%20035.jpg

Hi Wayne, awesome setup you have there - I've started experimenting with making my own Biodiesel (sucessfully) but I am interested in a SVO WVO setup similar to yours. Can you give me more info on your heated fuel line - can it be purchased stock standard somewhere? Also, have you tried WMO in your truck yet? I've had a go with SVO WVO briefly but had filtering issues - its a little cold at the moment so fuel filter clogged up, hence a need to heat the fuel lines/fuel.
jmplim
Isuzu Baby

City: Waiouru
Vehicle: 1992 Bighorn 3.1TD

Postby geeves » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:53 pm

wbski007 hasnt been on here since last august. You could try useing the email function to contact him but no promises that this is still correct. If you do contact him get him to pop in and say hello
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Special Mods