• Advertisement

Snorkel Surprise

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

Snorkel Surprise

Postby slightlydodgy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 am

I am in the process of making and fitting a snorkel. I have made it to go through the guard just in front of the ariel and come into the engine bay just in front of the fire wall and straight into the air cleaner (petrol). Today I cut a nice neat surgical hole with the jigsaw through the guard -having screwed up the courage to mark one of my few remaining straight panels :? and what did I find. No one mentioned the bracing between the guard and the inside, :o Do I have to take off the guard to sort this problem as the jigsaw won't reach? What have others done. Local 4x4 guys say this new to them but they havent done a zu before
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Re: Snorkel Surprise

Postby daisy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:17 pm

slightlydodgy wrote:I am in the process of making and fitting a snorkel. I have made it to go through the guard just in front of the ariel and come into the engine bay just in front of the fire wall and straight into the air cleaner (petrol). Today I cut a nice neat surgical hole with the jigsaw through the guard -having screwed up the courage to mark one of my few remaining straight panels :? and what did I find. No one mentioned the bracing between the guard and the inside, :o Do I have to take off the guard to sort this problem as the jigsaw won't reach? What have others done. Local 4x4 guys say this new to them but they havent done a zu before

Yip guard off :evil: i had to make one of the holes in that bracing a bit bigger and then i welded a bit of strength back into it sorry cant find any photos of that job. bugger when jobs get bigger aye
daisy
Isuzu Senior

City: Wellington
Vehicle: '94 Isuzu Mu 3.1 auto

Re: Snorkel Surprise

Postby slightlydodgy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Made the hole tonight. what fun!!!! NOT!!! :cry: I will have to weld a piece in later. The worst bit is that I have to take of the bull bar to get to the front guard bolt Image bit of duct tape over the hole and we can finish the snorkel now
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Return to Special Mods