• Advertisement

Mu Nudge Bar onto Wizzard -HELP!!

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

Mu Nudge Bar onto Wizzard -HELP!!

Postby Captcol » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:24 am

Right so I picked up a cheap Mu nudgebar with foggies and am trying to put it on the wizzard (something is better than nothing at this stage)

The problems

First I have to remove the factory recovery hook, no biggie just need shorter bolts - issue now no front recover point

Second and more major, the bracket on the passenger side of the nudge has an angle mount with a high hole that conviently lines up with a hole in the appropriate place. The issue is the remainder of the angle bracket is blocked by what looks like the mounting point for the sway bar, the nut for this is weilded to the chasis on the same side as the bar will mount to.

Solutions I can think of.

Cut the nut of the chasis rail - drill hole in nudge bar assembly for sway bar - problem is no room to get in to cut the nut off
Cut out section of offending angle to allow mount to fit around sway bar mount - will this weaken things too much?
finally cut losses, sell bar and find one that suits better

Photos to follow once I find my cable (found)

Any ideas or reccomendations?

Just seen this as well http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Roof-racks-bull-bars/auction-281674347.htm but don't have the money for that ... sigh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Return to Special Mods