• Advertisement

Arsnik Hilux Delights

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

Re: Arsnik Hilux Delights

Postby slightlydodgy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Thats a nice shoehorn job well done
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby arsnik » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:16 pm

tonights progress

you may need to look a few times
interested into why people lift mu's, I have owned a few and fitted 33's to them all, some 12.5 some 13.5. I have never had a problem with rubbing / clearnace. My friends with 35s have a bit of lift but why the million threads about lifting your mu?????
arsnik
Isuzu Baby

City: WEllington
Vehicle: HILUX

Postby arsnik » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:23 pm

relays for starter and glow plugs with incabin switch / key control are wired up same with temp gauge.
no point doing tacho as pulses from injector pump above 3000rpm send the hilux petrol tacho into overdrive, til then works fine but not to worried.

list to go starts at
driveshafts,
secure diesel lines,
extend clutch line
fit guards bonnet seats spacers an 35s then time for test drive.
interested into why people lift mu's, I have owned a few and fitted 33's to them all, some 12.5 some 13.5. I have never had a problem with rubbing / clearnace. My friends with 35s have a bit of lift but why the million threads about lifting your mu?????
arsnik
Isuzu Baby

Postby arsnik » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:54 pm

from temporary workshop
Image f

quickstop

to home

The list grows

needs
Flapper for exhaust
Deck [Weight on the rear]
Roll bar [for extra weight]
A lot of leafs removed
Relays for spotlights
more spotlights
Snorkel
Nudging Bar
arsnik
Isuzu Baby

Postby wbski007 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:13 pm

I could use a flange like the one you have pictured here, so I can weld on a down pipe, know where I can get one?, there's none here in the states to fit that turbo, which is the same as mine.
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby Captcol » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Looking awesome dude, keep it up
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby arsnik » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:10 pm

wbski007 wrote:I could use a flange like the one you have pictured here, so I can weld on a down pipe, know where I can get one?, there's none here in the states to fit that turbo, which is the same as mine.

Take a box of beer and a factory dump pipe to a engineers, I bought one from a guy in australia off the website and it ended up costing a ridiculous amount.
arsnik
Isuzu Baby

Postby wbski007 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 pm

That looks like the same turbo as mine, I could use a down pipe flange like the one you have pictured so I can make my own down pipe, can't get one here in the US, are they available over there??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby arsnik » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:36 am

They have the same bolt pattern yes. I'd suggest getting a engineer to make you one. Keep the gasket and go straight 3 or 2.5" the whole way, muffler optional.
arsnik
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:07 pm

How did you get on with the engine mounts. One day down the track my bighorn is going to need a new body etc so I might just throw my engine and box into a surf with a broken engine maybe
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby slightlydodgy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 pm

geeves wrote:How did you get on with the engine mounts. One day down the track my bighorn is going to need a new body etc so I might just throw my engine and box into a surf with a broken engine maybe

:o
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby dasnoboarder » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:21 pm

slightlydodgy wrote:
geeves wrote:How did you get on with the engine mounts. One day down the track my bighorn is going to need a new body etc so I might just throw my engine and box into a surf with a broken engine maybe

:o

:shock:
dasnoboarder
Isuzu Master

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu MU 2.8L 4JB1TI

Postby geeves » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:36 pm

stop makeing funny faces
Its not happening any time soon and may not happen. If my body fails Id have to put the engine in something and a surf is better than a pajero or jeep
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby walruz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 pm

:o and :shock:
walruz
Isuzu Junior

City: Sunshine Coast
Vehicle: 1996 Bighorn 4JG2 Auto.

Postby arsnik » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:51 pm

very simple. im a simpleton and i find them simple
i think 4JXX into a toyota surf is ideal. either 2.8 or 3.1, both great engines 2.8 from a mu for economy and longeivty, 3.1 for power.
im not a fan of the mu / bighorn looks, i like the older 89 model blue bighorn but thats it, and they are massively let down by ifs,
and i just dont fnd the interiors to be inviting, they have the isuzu TRUCK mentality where the toyota interior is a LUXURY
go the HILUX@!
have done a few will do a few more.
arsnik
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Ok I meant how did you make the 4jg2 bolt to the toyota mounts.
If I ever do go down this track a early prado is more likely. Im the wrong shape to find the Hilux comfortable.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby scruff123 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:34 pm

yea that is the thing with the luxs i find them very awkward to get in and out of
scruff123
Isuzu Guru

City: Kerikeri
Vehicle: 93 standard bighorn 3.1 diesel, mitsubishi pajero 3ltr v6 swb on 36's

Postby timcurtis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Nice work, Takes time to do all the little bits properly, you look like you have done an excellent job. Enjoy.
timcurtis
Isuzu Baby

City: JHB
Vehicle: Land rover hybrid with Isuzu 4JG2 Engine

Postby arsnik » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:23 pm

geeves wrote:Ok I meant how did you make the 4jg2 bolt to the toyota mounts.
If I ever do go down this track a early prado is more likely. Im the wrong shape to find the Hilux comfortable.

take an engineer a hour or two, take me all day.
chop mounts off chassis. keep mounts from rubber to chassis from toyota.
tickle isuzu engine to rubbers. bolt back up. lower engine, tack on. undo mounts, weld up proper with a right angle brace.
well thats what my engineer did whilst i drunk cold heinekens contemplating the next move. range rover mu?
arsnik
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:47 am

Have a look at Yarnos posts. Hes doing a more modern version of that
Toyota 4 liter Lexux and Patrol chassis.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Previous

Return to Special Mods