• Advertisement

Front recovery point ideas and photos

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

Front recovery point ideas and photos

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:46 pm

A lot of people are struggling with this. The factory hook is not up to real rescues as it has only 10mm bolts and doesnt match easily to aftermarket hooks. This is to help others with ideas for there wagons
Im after pictures and maybe a description of how others have achieved safe recovery points on the front of there bighorns and Mus.
My pic will be along later
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Front recovery point ideas and photos

Postby Demonic » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Its been suggested to me to use the front factory hook of a MU (one with the wire clip) and redrill the front factory holes out to 12mm. and use that point. currently under investigation.
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Lexus V8 powered Surf. Sorry Mu is gone... but i do miss it

Re: Front recovery point ideas and photos

Postby mudslinger » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:19 pm

if you drill holes out you will have to drill thru the top part of the chassis rail aswell. drill 3 holes thru top and bottom rails get crush tubes and fit to all 3 holes get some flat steel and use on the top rail to give it support and strength. 2 holes for hook and one hole to hold down the piece of steel. thats how mine was done on my old mu before i sold it. i put mine on the pass side on the chassis rail just before steering idle i think and i also think i used flat steel top and bottom just for extra support.
mudslinger
Isuzu Master

City: CHCH
Vehicle: 91 mu 2.8TD manual

Return to Special Mods