• Advertisement

Winch bars

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

Re: Winch bars

Postby Citron » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:29 pm

A+ job on your tube bar man. how much did your synthetic line cost, i heard they were quite expensive but well worth it, can anyone tell me more about them?
Citron
Isuzu Junior

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1996 Isuzu Wizard

Postby turnturn » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 am

Good effort NateDog. Winch well tucked in and still good approach angle.
turnturn
Global Moderator

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1993 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Spare Parts/Donor
1994 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1996 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Completely Standard

Postby Captcol » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

I agree with the above, did you chance your grill or does it drop down behind the top tube of the bar?
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby NateDog » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Cheers fellas. I bought the synthetic winch line from the states whilst on holiday. Its not cheap but atm with the US dollar so low its the best time to purchase. The line is super strong but not as abrasive resistant as steel cable. But i like the fact that it doesnt recoil as bad if the line snaps and not loose wire to cut your hands up.
The grill is still standard. I did a 2" body lift so that helped tuck the winch in flush along the original grill line to maintain best approach angle. I just pop the grill off to remove the winch for any repairs.
That bar of yours Citron looks bullet proof and heavy, but a neat job. I do like the LEDs.
NateDog
Isuzu Baby

City: Queenstown
Vehicle: 91 Isuzu MU, 2.8TD, Front & Rear Lokka's, 9000Lb Winch (50 mtr winch line), Snorkel, 2in Body lift, 2in Suspension lift, 33in tyres with neg 44 x 15in rims, custom made Winch Bar, custom made rear draw, Endless Air compressor, custom high lift jack mount, custom sliders, custom rear bar, UHF, front IPF spotties, EGT + Boost gauge, Fuel tank lift, home made flare guards, heavy duty steering links.

Previous

Return to Special Mods