• Advertisement

Car Seat Anchors

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

Car Seat Anchors

Postby slightlydodgy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:06 pm

We need to put a rear facing carseat into the back our double cab rodeo Where is the best place to bolt the anchor strap to (usually the parcel shelf in a sedan)? As far as I can tell I need to unbolt the seat back and drill through the floor or through the rear wall of the cab Any help would be appreciated
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Re: Car Seat Anchors

Postby 98Rodeo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:15 pm

A mate just bought one that has a child restraint in it, ill see if I can get a picture in the next few days :-)
Id bolt thru the floor personally
98Rodeo
Isuzu Master

City: Perth
Vehicle: 98 Turbo Diesel Rodeo Dual Cab

Postby geeves » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Its a long time since I had to worry about these things but way back when the rear facing seats were secured by the seat belt except for 2 issues. First you need to lock the belt. Baby factory sell a clip for this purpose (on a side note these clips are also good off road to prevent the belt retracting when you jump out on a steep hill so you cant put it back on). Second disable the airbag if you have one. I thought it was a requirement that a baby in a rear facing seat must be visible to a driver or passenger just so they cant drown in there own puke. Putting the seat in the rear means always carrying a passenger as well.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby slightlydodgy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:49 pm

98 Rodeo that would be much appreciated Geeves you are a wee tad behind in the child restraint depart ment (no offence intended) Rear facing is the compulsary position for babies. The seat is reclined slightly and held in by the lap belt They also have an anchor strap that runs from the top of the seat back to a suitable anchor point BTW our rodeo isn't flash enough for airbags
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby geeves » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:34 pm

As you say babies have to be rear facing. The extra anchor strap though is new
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Special Mods