• Advertisement

mu centre console fridge bracket.

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

mu centre console fridge bracket.

Postby haven » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

picked up a cheap engel cooler/heater unit from the 4wd show for 50 bucks so thought it was time to fit the sucker in!

using some leftover checkerplate steel i designed a platform that would bolt down into the original centre consoles place but would allow tie downs for the fridge and an extended forward section to later fit switches etc..

using cardboard i i templated the side edge shapes and the top size. i drilled out the existing cab holes and instead of using screws through the floor i used fixed nut plates, afraid i got no good pics but its just a length of steel with two nuts welded on, used commonly with bolt down hose holders.
then it was just a matter of welding up the checkerplate and painting. will give better underneath photos and mounting method shots when i pull it out shortly for the bigger project.

enjoy :)

ross
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
haven
Isuzu Guru

City: adelaide
Vehicle: 1992 mu

Re: mu centre console fridge bracket.

Postby Captcol » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:35 pm

wish i could weild ... nevermind
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Return to Special Mods