• Advertisement

snorkle

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

snorkle

Postby nocturnalsoldier » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:35 pm

I am going to put a snorkel on my truck (1990 bighorn) cant track down ones that will fit it so am going to do one myself. I have a fair idea on how to do it but am not 100% sure any tips on how to do it? the power steering reservoir seems to be in the way
nocturnalsoldier
Isuzu Baby

City: palmerston north
Vehicle: 1990 isuzu beasthorn

Re: snorkle

Postby geeves » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:59 pm

snorkleinside.jpg

This is using a disco snorkel. The power steer resiviour and fuse box were both moved but not so far that alterations to wires or pipes needed. The original inlet was welded shut as was the drain in the bottom of the airbox and a new inlet fabricated and attached. It might be possible to use a Mu airbox. Only other thing is that the original inlet had a diffuser plate which the new inlet lacks. The result of this is that any moisture entering via the snorkel causes a paper filter to matt reducing its life significantly. I have a foam filter inside the airbox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby MrRevhead » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

What are you going to use to make it?
I'm contemplating aluminium pipe
MrRevhead
Isuzu Guru

City: Nelson
Vehicle: 93 MU 2.8

Postby slightlydodgy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:04 am

Have a look through this thread it might help http://clubisuzu.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2609&hilit=snorkel
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Return to Special Mods