• Advertisement

3.1 topmount intercooler questions.

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

3.1 topmount intercooler questions.

Postby rwill0189 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:42 pm

hi all i have a 4jb1t i am looking at putting an inter-cooler off a 3.1 jackaroo onto it i have everything sorted my question is there is an actuator on the turbo side along with a little brass pipe,
question 1, does that little brass pipe replace the existing line for the boost compensator,
question 2, im not sure how the actuator(controls butterfly inside inter-cooler) works and what it hooks to. meaning is it vacuum controlled or is it pressure controlled.
Also if someone has a layout of the 3.1 so i could see where they originally hooked to.

any info would be much appreciated, thanks
rwill0189
Isuzu Baby

City: mareeba
Vehicle: 2000 model 2.8 turbo diesel space cab

Re: 3.1 topmount intercooler questions.

Postby isuzurob » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:04 pm

on mine i ran hose from brass fitting to the injector pump, pulled apart intercooler removed butterfly and drilled and taped the holes, and fitted bolts
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Return to Special Mods