• Advertisement

visor for your MU,rodeo,or other Isuzu's

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

visor for your MU,rodeo,or other Isuzu's

Postby wbski007 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:19 am

I put this visor on my Rodeo,it came off a 1992 Chev S10,it does fit my Rodeo with a little modification, If any of you are interested, I'll give the low down on how I did it. It does help keeping the sun out of your eye's. See photo's
Cheers Wayne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Re: visor for your MU,rodeo,or other Isuzu's

Postby BUSHPIG » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:38 am

looks good m8. what does it look like from in the car? does it take away any view?
BUSHPIG
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1988 GQ Safari
TD42 Turbo Running 17psi
Custom BRD Top Mount Intercooler
Custom BRD 3" Exhaust
Factory GU Turbo Airbox
Safari Snorkle
2000 Gu Td42-T Injector Pump
Turbo Injectors
Pto Winch
Custom BRD On-Board Air Bracket With Modified Second A/c Pump
Custom Front Bar Work
Ally Roof Cage
2 1/2" Suspension Lift
Front LSD
Rear LSD
33x12.5xr15 Maxxis Tyres
Diff And Gearbox Breathers
Am Cb
Uhf Cb
GPS Tracker.

Planed Mods::
Exo Cage
Rear Barwork
Rear 14,000lb Winch

Postby Demonic » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:43 am

looks kinda nifty, also like the wind deflictor you got on the roof.
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Lexus V8 powered Surf. Sorry Mu is gone... but i do miss it

Postby wbski007 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 am

It doesn't take away any view from the inside looking out at all, if you stop to close to a traffic lite you might have to lean forward a bit but thats about all, I'll take some photos from the insde out tomorrow to give you some idea what it looks like,its been a big help with this Florida sun,takes alot of the glare away. As long as some of you are interested I'll write up how I did it tomorrow,its easy, cheers,Wayne
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby wbski007 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:59 pm

I took some photos from the inside looking out as you can see the visor does not block your vison at all,It came off a 1992 S10 Blazer,S10 P/U's would be the same,I imagine you have Chevy S10's over there,I picked up my visor from a U-pull it yard for $20.00,I was lucky I got one with lights,as far as I know they didn't make them for Isuzu's,at least thats what I was told,so I did my own, It fits further down on the windshield then it did on the S10 so I had to make A small bracket to reach over to the windshield piller to fasten the front to, but other than that the back part screwed to the roof as it did on the S10. (see photos) I used 1" self tapping screws to hold the visor to the roof and front pillers, I ran the self tapper in and then out again,added some silicone to the end than ran it back in again. I used # 8 1/2" screw and nut to hold extension tab to front visor hole,as for the tab it self I used a small stainless steal one that held a wind deflector on the front of the sun roof of an old Mercedes I used to have,just had to bend it in an S shape to make it work. If you happen to get a visor with lights like I did I'll leave the wireing to you,HAHA.
Good luck and cheers,Wayne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Return to Special Mods