• Advertisement

more crazy stuff from Wayne

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

more crazy stuff from Wayne

Postby wbski007 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:43 am

Well I'm at it again fella's, more crazy stuff, but thought some of you might be interested and could use some of this. I disconected my EGR pipe that goes from exhaust to intake, pluged intake side with some brass shim stock I had laying around, it was about the thickness of a match book cover, so it was easy to cut and use as a block off under the orignal mount that I cut off and trimmed down, not to pretty but it works, the exhaust side, I'm useing for my exhuast gas temp gauge probe, I took a cast steel nipple and welded it to the EGR pipe I had cut off, I haven't got my gauge yet so I made up a temperary plug for now, I don't want to weld up a permanent one as I don't know the thread size of the probe till I get it. I believe the best place to mount the probe is before the turbo, so I killed two birds with one stone, got rid of EGR and got a good place for my probe.
Also mounted some gauges out on hood, (sorry bonnet) :lol: we'll see how they hold up to the weather :? Cheers, Wayne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Re: more crazy stuff from Wayne

Postby dasnoboarder » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 am

Can't believe I forgot about the EGR port on the exhaust manifold!

I was stressing over whether I wanted to put my EGT probe after the turbo or take the turbo off to put in in the manifold... Duh...

Everything you've done looks sweet, haven't seen exterior mounted gauges on a truck before, will be interesting if you find some mud!
dasnoboarder
Isuzu Master

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu MU 2.8L 4JB1TI

Postby wbski007 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:56 am

from what I here you want your probe before the turbo, thats the most accurate reading, I don't do any off roading dasnoboarder, just like to look like I do, they sure are easy to see rite out in front like they are, I don't have to take my eyes off the road. thanks for the flowers, cheers, Wayne
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby wbski007 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:09 am

got the idea for the gauges out on the hood from a 67 Pontiac trans am I had, they came from the factory with the tach mounted out on the hood, I remember that I liked it there, easy to read. Wayne
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby Demonic » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:15 pm

if you have a tranz am and your looking at the dials you not going fast enough.
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Lexus V8 powered Surf. Sorry Mu is gone... but i do miss it

Postby muzila » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 pm

I have a bonnet scoop to go on the Mu when The V8 goes in that I have modded to hold gauges in.

I have a HUD set up as well but that only gives me speed and rpm. The bonnet gauges do other important stuff.

They are also going to be hooked up to the electronic dash I am making for the refit next year.

I will take fotos and start a rebuild thread when I start the project so all kan see the rebirth of my baby. :)
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby wbski007 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:04 am

Cool muzila I would like to see it when you getter done, and andrew I went fast enough, that Trans AM would defentily get on down the hiway, 400 with a 4 speed, but not a strong motor tho,the pontaic 400's had week bottom ends, lots of rod and main bearing troubles, you were real lucky to get 60,000 miles out of one
cheers Wayne
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby nelsonjones07 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Yeah its really cray. Nice collection man. Keep updating this.
nelsonjones07
Isuzu Baby

City: Folsom
Vehicle: BMW

Return to Special Mods