• Advertisement

4jh1 mechanical injection

Share and discuss mod ideas here that make your Isuzu safer, faster, more homely, more user friendly or just crazier! The best from here will be made into a full DIY write up for the FAQ and DIY mod section.

4jh1 mechanical injection

Postby Bison » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Has anyone replaced the electrically controlled injector pump with a mechanically operated version for ease of engine transplant into earlier model vehicles .
Bison
I'm only here for the information

City: Whitfield
Vehicle: 1999 , holden rodeo , diesel

Re: 4jh1 mechanical injection

Postby geeves » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Robs best to answer if its possible but 4jb1 or 4jg2 pumps would be the place to start. Setting the fuel levels could be tricky and it will probably loose a bit of power and economy. 4jg2 in electronic form is has 5kw more and better economy.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Bison » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:43 pm

4jb1 dead engine with reco pump at hand . I will strip the 4jb1 tomorrow if i dont get a definitive answer saying otherwise if its physically possible I hope a dyno / fuel screw tune will do it . Oh water/meth and veg oil brew is also a motervating factor to use the older cheaper ip.
Bison
I'm only here for the information

City: Whitfield
Vehicle: 1999 , holden rodeo , diesel

Postby isuzurob » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:34 am

you will have to use the 4jb1 pump if any as both engines are direct injection, only 4jb1 pump that will be close to fitting wound be gear driven rodeo or elf truck, not sure if tooth counts would be the same though
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Return to Special Mods