• Advertisement

4jg2 runs rough on start up

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4jg2 runs rough on start up

Postby stardog » Sun May 29, 2016 2:21 pm

My 4jg2 runs rough and has a couple of misses and blows some white smoke when I start it in the morning it has new injectors and glow plugs installed and the injector pump was rebuilt about 2 years ago.
When it has warmed up it runs great no smoke no miss also taco is at 800-900 when warmed up idling would anybody have any ideas why it is doing this.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: 4jg2 runs rough on start up

Postby geeves » Mon May 30, 2016 1:54 pm

My Wizard used to do that untill the pump was rebuilt.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: 4jg2 runs rough on start up

Postby stardog » Mon May 30, 2016 8:33 pm

I'm suspecting that myself to geeves Muvit got it rebuilt in the NT not all that long ago about 2 years I think well I cant put my new 1 in until queens birthday long weekend.
I've still got a slight oil leak somewhere to at the back of the engine not sure where it is I will have a look with telescopic camera I have and plug it into my tablet.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Return to Engine