• Advertisement

sump gasket or sealant

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

sump gasket or sealant

Postby geeves » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:21 am

I have to change the sump on my 4jg2 after stripping the drain plug. I already have the replacement sump. Is there a gasket or just sealant between the lower sump and upper sump? The picture looks like a gasket but the instructions only talk about sealant.
thanks
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Wellington
Vehicle: 94 bighorn
96 wizard

Re: sump gasket or sealant

Postby stardog » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:05 am

I done my lower gasket on the sump last year there is a gasket got mine from supercheap auto.
You could use gasket goo but I went the gasket instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 94 mu was 3.1 turbo intercooled now 2.8td rodeo gear drive engine and intercooled and fuel delivery turned up 3" system from turbo 5 speed manual arb bullbar 13000 LB winch max winch snorkel HID headlights HID IPF spotlights blue led dash lights LOKKA front diff new bushes shocks all round 80 ch unden uhf sony xplode mp3 player back seats removed and storge system put in.
96 wizard 3.1 pretty stock for now but have plans intercooler bulbar winch snorkel.

Postby geeves » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 am

thanks
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Wellington
Vehicle: 94 bighorn
96 wizard

Postby isuzurob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am

I got a few after not using when doing rebuilds, silicone is way better probably cheaper to buy 1 down there rather than the freight to get it to you, sta or nz gaskets are the cheapest
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Return to Engine