• Advertisement

How much is to much blow by

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

How much is to much blow by

Postby tonkamu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Hey all, as the title suggests.

I have a 4jb1t and it has quite abit of blow by. I've got it dumping into a catch can which feeds the blow by oil into a drip line back into sump but the extra pressurised air feeds into atmosphere via a 10 inch line near chassis rail. When I park the car I can see smoke coming out the engine bay in the sun light ( blow by smoke ).

I've not had a compression check yet, but im thinking this is pretty normal for the 2.8 and everyone feeds this line into intake piping?
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Re: How much is to much blow by

Postby isuzurob » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:50 pm

1 of mine use to breath that heavy at idle it would leave a film on the windscreen went for 6 years on 20psi till it gave out, I wouldn't be worried, you can run the catch can to catch oil and run other hose to intake to suck up the vapour
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Return to Engine