• Advertisement

Problem with the gas oil hand pump

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Problem with the gas oil hand pump

Postby JuanMS » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:34 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Juan from Argentina so I'm sorry if my english is not so good.
I have bought a Isuzu Pick Up 3.1 TD a few months ago and i have been repairing thing and changing filters, etc. My problem now is that after changed the gas oil filter i discovered that the hand pump, which is up the filter, doesn't work (or i believe so) because when i pump it nothing happens. After a while trying the gas oil never came up, neither the pump got hard, nothing.
So my question is, is there an another way to purge the filter and gas oil system? or any way to repair the hand pump?
JuanMS
Isuzu Baby

City: Buenos Aires
Vehicle: Isuzu Pick Up 3.1 TD 1998

Re: Problem with the gas oil hand pump

Postby geeves » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:43 pm

First check the filter is sealed at the large seal the small seal and make sure you have turned the little tap on the bottom off. If I had a dollar for everone that has asked about this then found they hadnt tightened that tap I could buy a tank of fuel for the car.
The pump itself is quite simple. You should be able to see how it comes apart. Inside is simple valve that can get dirt stuck in it stopping it working. If all else fails The fuel filter assembly from any Japanese diesel 4wd will work although it might use a different filter
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Problem with the gas oil hand pump

Postby JuanMS » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi, and thank you for your time.
The filter was well sealed, no problem with that. I removed the pump but i couldn't open it so i decided to buy a cheep and standard hand pump, which i put in the "in" line before the filter. Easy solution, and excellent result.
JuanMS
Isuzu Baby

City: Buenos Aires
Vehicle: Isuzu Pick Up 3.1 TD 1998

Return to Engine