• Advertisement

fuel lines

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

fuel lines

Postby andrewward » Fri May 07, 2021 7:37 pm

I am taking off the intake manifold off my 4jb1T for cleaning and replacing gasket. I need to take off the fuel lines, how do I do that ? and what shall I do when putting it all together ? my concern it diesel leaks and getting air in the system ! thanks
andrewward
Isuzu Senior

City: Santa Venera
Vehicle: Isuzu Mu 91, 2.8 TD

Re: fuel lines

Postby magicdeo » Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 pm

It’s not hard mate, just make sure you mark the fuel lines so you know for sure which way they go back on. Undo the small clamps on the lines themselves first, then just undo the fittings on both the injectors and the pump and you’re done. I make sure I cover the ends with rags and electrical tape to make sure dirt doesn’t get in the pipes or injectors. When you put it back together, put all the pipes on, make sure the filter is primed, then give the priming pump a few more pumps and she should start fine. I’ve never had a drama getting mine started. If you’re worried though, put the lines on the injector pump but not the injectors and pump the hand pump and then attach the fuel lines to the injectors when fuel comes out.
magicdeo
Isuzu Junior

City: Newcastle
Vehicle: 1997 Holden Rodeo

Re: fuel lines

Postby andrewward » Sat May 08, 2021 11:47 pm

gee thanks magicdeo that looks simple enough, wasn't sure what to do. I have changed fuel filter and rubber fuel hoses from filter to pump but never from pump to injectors.
andrewward
Isuzu Senior

City: Santa Venera
Vehicle: Isuzu Mu 91, 2.8 TD

Return to Engine