• Advertisement

remote filter housing

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

remote filter housing

Postby wbski007 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:55 am

anyone out there know where I can get a remote oil filter housing that goes where the filter is now to fit my M26X1.5 thread that's on my 2.5, so I can send the oil to a remote filter, I can't find any thing here in the states, I bought a exhaust brake and I need to move the oil filter, I got the remote filter OK on ebay but I need the the part that goes on the block that feeds it.
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Re: remote filter housing

Postby geeves » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:15 am

see an engineer friend with a milling machine. Get a price for 10 before you start and pre sell them
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby wbski007 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:07 pm

looks like thats what I might have to do, why Isuzu used such an oddball size is beyond me, M22X1.5 is the largest I can find on line, 99% of the time I love my Isuzu, but then there's that other 1 % that drives me nuts. I don't even know if there's a market for them, sometimes I think I'm the only one with that size oil filter mount!!
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby wbski007 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 am

OK fellas here it is, got the remote oil filter installed, my friend at the airforce base tapped out the oil filter housing to except the M26X1.5 thread and it worked great, I moved the oil filter to the front bull bar, I know some of you wouldn't want yours there as you do alot of off roading which I don't do so its conveinant for me, added my oil cooler, oil changes will be easier now, also I went to a Ford filter which I can get at any auto parts for under $4, woopee, there was really no place else to put it, under the bonnet was out as there is no room and if I did place it there oil changes would be messy, so I thought what the hell lets make things simple. Now that the oil filter is out of the way, I have room for the exhaust brake, thats the next project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby Captcol » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:25 am

Thats a nice adapter, although thats a bit out front for me, road debris getting flicked up, stones etc - epic oil leak... stupid pedestrians etc
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby geeves » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:50 pm

That filter is designed for a diesel engine? US Ford diesels are not common
I would want to hide it under the hood as well. You never know when some kid with strong hands and a sence of humour will see that while parked and nick the filter
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby slightlydodgy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Thats a nice job -not where Id put it but still a nice job. You and your mate should go into buisness and start shipping them over here going by the interest on here
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby wbski007 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Don't know if there's much of a market for remotes with the M26X1.5 thread size, I had a hell of a time finding a filter for mine as no other car manufacturs used that size on there motors, Most used M20X1.5, why Isuzu used that size on the 2.5 is beyond me, seems that's the only motor they used it on.
as for putting it under the hood that was out, no room, I have so much under there already, two batterys, two fuel filters and I couldn't find a place I liked underneth either. I knew alot of you wouldn't agree with where I placed it, but I march to a different tune than most. The 2.2 I owned had the oil filter placed upside down on the rear upper side of the block, you talk about a messy oil change, oh my god when you unscrewed the filter the oil ran down the side of the motor, what a mess
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby chrisfnq » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:09 am

like the fit out wayne ..looks cool to me...pipe work in the engine bay looks neat... would you think about a shield for the filter? still i prefer to change one on the bull bar than what i got now... need the hands of a 10 year old to fit in where the filter is.. oil cooler looks neat too.
chris.
chrisfnq
Isuzu Junior

City: cairns
Vehicle: '91 2.8 td mu (deceased)
94 jackaroo lifted 50mm suspension, long range tank, bull bar, new turbo

Postby wbski007 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:02 am

thanks chris, been thinking of a guard for the filter, would be easy to do, I'm giving it thought, will probably do it, I'm not as worried about the filter as I am the cooler, tho they both are pretty tough, the cooler is alot heaver than it looks, not thin like a radiator core, a heavy screen across both should do it, that would stop the stones from breaking the bulbs on my driving lights also! I've already noticed a improvment in my oil pressure, it used to get pitifully low at idle now it sits at 15lbs, much better.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

Postby slightlydodgy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:37 pm

wbski007 wrote: but I march to a different tune than most.

Keep it that way It makes life all the more interesting :D
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby lotusfrontera » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:27 am

At least its sorted.
Difflock Dave.
www.muddyfrontera.co.uk
MAC 4X4 challenge 2011
Car no;51.
Dave Knight & Karl Ellis

http://www.justgiving.com/muddyfronteradavekarl
lotusfrontera
Isuzu Baby

City: Burntwood
Vehicle: Vauxhall Frontera 2.2L Diesel Turbo

Postby MattWest » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:36 pm

wbski007 wrote:OK fellas here it is, got the remote oil filter installed, my friend at the airforce base tapped out the oil filter housing to except the M26X1.5 thread and it worked great, I moved the oil filter to the front bull bar, I know some of you wouldn't want yours there as you do alot of off roading which I don't do so its conveinant for me, added my oil cooler, oil changes will be easier now, also I went to a Ford filter which I can get at any auto parts for under $4, woopee, there was really no place else to put it, under the bonnet was out as there is no room and if I did place it there oil changes would be messy, so I thought what the hell lets make things simple. Now that the oil filter is out of the way, I have room for the exhaust brake, thats the next project.

Are you able to post a link to where you got your kit from? I can get gear back from the states easily enough, just want to make sure I can get the same one as you as it obveously fits well other than the thread.Thanks!
MattWest
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 95 Mu

Return to Engine