• Advertisement

Second battery wiring diagram

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Second battery wiring diagram

Postby rcolijn » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 am

Hi all, I dont seem to be able to find a wiring diagram for a second battery setup like I am planning. I have purchased this set http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160482589734&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123 which looked like a good deal, I allready have a battery. So now I have:

- Battery box + clamps - simple drop battery in, connect clamps and bolt/strap to the floor - OK
- 5.5 meter BS cable - run from main battery postive to axiliry battery postive - OK
- 2 battery terminal clamps - postive to main battery via bs cable, negative to earth on chassis (or back to main battery) - OK
- Redarc Solenoid - have wiring diagram for this (if anybody needs it happy to post) - OK

I can connect all this so far (realised however its missing the earth lead which I think I'll connect to the bolt which used to have the safety harness for the back passengers).

Where I am scratching my head is with the 2 X 100 AMP CIRCUIT BREAKERS and the FUSEBOX AND PLUGS. Do I understand it right that one circuit braker simply goes on the postive right after the main battery and the second just before the axculillery battery?

Does anybody have a wiring diagram like this?

I am running a large fridge and am planning on installing my compressor, some sockets, maybe an anderson plug and an inverter at the back.

Thanks if you can give me some advice!

Ronald

ps, happy to post pics if required.
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

City: Perth
Vehicle: Awesome Isuzu Mu, 2.8 TD, Adjustable shocks, AT Tyres, no backseat, 2.5" exhaust. Heavy Duty battery, custom snorkel, custom roofrack, custom centre console, custom rear door kitchen, carpet with extra underlay, Clarion sounds system, K&N airfilter, D694 tyres, bucket seats, extra lights in rear cabine, custom tow bar bracket, Nudge bar, 3 spotties, rear camping light, Second battery setup, rest is **still* standard :)

Re: Second battery wiring diagram

Postby pig75 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 am

rcolijn wrote:Where I am scratching my head is with the 2 X 100 AMP CIRCUIT BREAKERS and the FUSEBOX AND PLUGS. Do I understand it right that one circuit braker simply goes on the postive right after the main battery and the second just before the axculillery battery?

Put the circuit breakers as close as you can to the battery's. That way if the cable from the front to rear battery gets damaged you wont have a fire :shock:
Then i would run the fuse box of the circuit breaker for the things you want to run.
The fridge and compressor might be too big for the fuse box wiring
ii.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU, 96 Wizard, 14 MUX,2019 Dmax LSU
Australia's loudest MU
MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?
pig75
Site Admin

City: QLD
Vehicle: 90MU, 91MU ute & 92MU, 96 Wizard, 2014 MUX LST 2019 Dmax LSU

Re: Second battery wiring diagram

Postby rcolijn » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks mate, exactly what I needed, I was going to fuse in the fridge but you made me realise thats a bit silly indeed. All I need now is a nice box / place to put it in. I have the battery box but need a box for fuse holder and plugs. I will place the solenoid under the dash think.

many thanks again!

Ronald
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

City: Perth
Vehicle: Awesome Isuzu Mu, 2.8 TD, Adjustable shocks, AT Tyres, no backseat, 2.5" exhaust. Heavy Duty battery, custom snorkel, custom roofrack, custom centre console, custom rear door kitchen, carpet with extra underlay, Clarion sounds system, K&N airfilter, D694 tyres, bucket seats, extra lights in rear cabine, custom tow bar bracket, Nudge bar, 3 spotties, rear camping light, Second battery setup, rest is **still* standard :)

Return to Engine