• Advertisement

VAC HOSE

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Re: VAC HOSE

Postby geeves » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 pm

lots of stuff on the net for this
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby mulover » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 pm

simple, air in, air out. Put some sort of a filter on the inlet side and make sure you put a couple of drops of fine oil into it when you use it to keep the pump lubricated. On the out side, you just have to hook it up to your flavor of fitting, or to a tank or whatever. I did my mates one and i had it hooked into a air tank and it worked off a pressure switch. Just be sure not to run it if there is no where for the air to go, you can get adjustable pressure relief valves that release the pressure so the pump doesn't explode.
Oh how i miss my mu, the lux is just not the same :(
mulover
Isuzu Master

City: Mackay
Vehicle: 1990 toyota hilux single cab 2.8

Postby muzila » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:11 pm

I just scored a used air tank to put under the mu and hook up. Just gotta get the fittings and hoses and away it goes.

I am going to power it off the a/c switch in the dash. Just got to work out where to hook the presure switch to so it kan turn on and off when tank is full or not.

As for the lube I was going to ask some 1 about that. I belive the r12 or r134 is what lubricates the ac pumps. any one got ideas of puting some kind of lube in that wont let oil in the air lines???

I was thinking I might do an artical on what I do with photos as I go so if anyone else wants to do one they can. Good idea??
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby geeves » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:57 am

Normal way is to let the tank collect the oil and forget it. You can fit a drain on the bottom of the tank but the realality is that your tank is 15 liters or so and a few drops of oil every few months or so will take a few decades to become a problem.
Easiest way to continuously oil the pump is to fir an inline oiled filter in the inlet
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby mulover » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Geeves is right, when i say oil it, i mean a couple of drops of air compressor oil or sewing machine oil, it doesn't take much.
To hook a pressure switch in, just cut the wire that goes into the front of the air con unit (it enguages the electric clutch), then join one end to one side of your pressure switch, the other end to the other side of the pressure switch and your away, dont need any earths or nothing.
Be sure to put a one way valve in after the compressor or else all the air will leak back past the compressor.
Only down side to running it off the ac switch is you have to have the heater/fan on.
Most pressure switches have a pressure relief valve in them to let the pressure off the pump when it shuts off, but i could never get this to work right.
Also, have a look on trade me, there is a guy selling small pressure switchs for not much, they are a fixed pressure on/off thing, but are tiny compared to the big ones you get on air compressors. You just plug a hose thats teed off your main line into the back of them and a wire onto each terminal.
mulover
Isuzu Master

Postby muzila » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:57 pm

Oh sweet I though it needed more oil than that. I happy with a few drops every now and again then.

My tank isn't that big thats why i grabbed it. I is rated at 150 psi Max, I think that should be enuff for my needs. I think its about 5 liters.

The wiring will be easy as now. and I always have my fan on setting 1. I never remember to turn it off ha ha.

I will take photos from start to finish so you can all see how it turns out.
muzila
Site Admin

Postby geoff » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:10 pm

How much psi can an aircon pump produce?
geoff
Isuzu Junior

City: Blenheim
Vehicle: 1996 isuzu MU Wizard

Postby pig75 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:31 pm

300psi +
92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU, 96 Wizard, 14 MUX,2019 Dmax LSU
Australia's loudest MU
MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?
pig75
Site Admin

City: QLD
Vehicle: 90MU, 91MU ute & 92MU, 96 Wizard, 2014 MUX LST 2019 Dmax LSU

Postby mulover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:16 am

As pig said, 300 plus no worries, thats why its EXTERMELY important that it can't run when there is no where for the air to go. I would set your pressure switch to about 120psi max, that way you can buy one of the simple little brass pressure relief valves that come on compressors and install that just in case.
mulover
Isuzu Master

Postby Benzev » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 pm

EGR is like eating your own shit, it wouldn't make anything go well!!
Benzev
I'm only here for the information

City: Whangarei
Vehicle: Bighorn Lotus 3.1TDi

Postby muzila » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks for that descriptive assessment. YUK.
muzila
Site Admin

Postby dasnoboarder » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Benzev wrote:EGR is like eating your own shit, it wouldn't make anything go well!!

:lol:
dasnoboarder
Isuzu Master

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu MU 2.8L 4JB1TI

Postby geeves » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Please everybody be careful on your choice of words. Some people read this at work and another forum has had members finding there IT dept knocking on there office door after opening posts with certain descriptive words in them.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Previous

Return to Engine