• Advertisement

Many suggestions...nothing for sure...please help

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Many suggestions...nothing for sure...please help

Postby AaronCDC » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:16 pm

ok here is the deal, i just picked up a 1992 isuzu rodeo about a month ago...there is a part on top of the engine i need but NO ONE can tell me the name of the part. NOT EVEN THE DEALERSHIP...some help the dealer was, atleast part stores helped. but anyways. its some type of sensor i was told...has a tube coming off of it shaped like an f. one air line goes to the bottom of the air filter? and the other to the driver side canister thing? thats how the guy described it. its next to the temperature sensor? was told it was a ported vacuum switch? or a idle control type thing?? i got no idea all i know is no part store has one and most junk yards i call dont even have an isuzu and if they do its there yard car and wont part the engine all i know is this part makes it run like crap when first starting up cold. ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated..THANK YOU for taking your time to read this book and I AM GLAD TO BE PART OF THIS CLUB.....i love my isuzu its the best rig ive owned ever.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AaronCDC
Isuzu Baby

City: Shelton
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Rodeo

Re: Many suggestions...nothing for sure...please help

Postby MrBIGHORN » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Aaron, Can you please take some photo's of the sensor so we can help you further.
Also is it diesel or petrol and engine number.
Thanks
Chris
User Name Now Blondini

Mate gave me 20L diesel
Turned out to be 20L kerosine
Dam it went fast (For a while)
MrBIGHORN
Isuzu Junior

City: TAURANGA
Vehicle: 93 IZUSU BIGHORN 3.1 TDI 5 DOOR
POD FILTER, 2 1/2" EXHAUST AND FREE FLOW MUFFLER
HOME MADE 3" SNORKEL

Postby AaronCDC » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:09 pm

MrBIGHORN wrote:Hi Aaron, Can you please take some photo's of the sensor so we can help you further.
Also is it diesel or petrol and engine number.
Thanks
Chris

here ya go this is a photo i found using google looks just like what is needed.. and it is gas not diesel. its a 3.1 v6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AaronCDC
Isuzu Baby

Postby pig75 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:45 pm

In my book it's called a (Thermostatic vacuum switch) to test make shure the motor is under 115deg F no vacuum should pass over 115deg F vacuum should pass through the valve. Thats for a GM 3.1 CPC motor
92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU, 96 Wizard, 14 MUX,2019 Dmax LSU
Australia's loudest MU
MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?
pig75
Site Admin

City: QLD
Vehicle: 90MU, 91MU ute & 92MU, 96 Wizard, 2014 MUX LST 2019 Dmax LSU

Postby geeves » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 pm

If yours is the 3.1 v6 then it is a Chevy motor so should be easy. There are 2 v6 engines in the USA market for your car. It sounds like yours is the chevy 3.1 (187 cubic inch I think) This is basically a cut down 305 v8 with push rods and the cam in the block. It will also have the turbo 700 transmission
The other is the 3.2 overhead cam v6 that we are used to thats common down here but not so much in USA
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby AaronCDC » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:22 pm

hey thanks to EVERYONE for all the help. i ended up being able to tell the part places this info and found the part you are all such great help.
AaronCDC
Isuzu Baby

Return to Engine