• Advertisement

Vacum hose from injector pump to intercooler

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Vacum hose from injector pump to intercooler

Postby stardog » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Been doing some work on the wizard today installing new injector pump taking the hose of the boost controller from the pump to the intercooler heaps of oil flowed out of the pump and hose is this normal this was on the old pump that was on it.
And when I took the pulley wheel off the pump there was only 1/2 a flogged out keyway key ready to let go very soon so lucky I started this today.
Then to top it off I noticed oil down the side of the engine on the same side as the pump hmm looks like inlet manifold gasket leaking so take off inlet manifold WTF no manifold gasket been put on with gasket goo luckily I had a new gasket in my spare parts box.
So tomorrow I will install the new pump and do the static timing and get it all back together and hope it runs properly now I don't think it was the right pump on the engine the numbers where all different to the new pump I have that came with that motor when I bought the mu off missymu all them years ago.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: Vacum hose from injector pump to intercooler

Postby geeves » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:15 am

oil was blowby oil Consider it black and normal
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Vacum hose from injector pump to intercooler

Postby stardog » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:58 pm

Never had that much oil in the vacuum line in my 4jb1 or when I had this engine in the mu before just surprised me how much oil there was.
Well got to install the new injector pump today but I reckon I stuffed up the static timing put the gauge on the pump rotate the engine backwards until the dial stops set it to zero rotate forward set the pump to .05 with the csd disabled start engine revs at 1250 rpm slacken off idle screw all the way and still the same also knocking noise will have to try and reset it again tomorrow if I get time to do it or have I missed something or timed it wrong.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Return to Engine