• Advertisement

4jg2t vibration

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4jg2t vibration

Postby mneal » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:31 am

Hello, bought 4jg2t from ebay and had to rebuild, had cracked head, one scored liner, and camshaft worn. had to use china parts all you can get here. starts and runs great, problem is bad vibration at low rpms. shakes steering wheel and shifter bad, virbrates entire rig somewhat. i know 4clys shake and diesel more but this is bad enoungh to make other drivers stare at me when stopped. is this normal for these engines? i have ordered compression tester and check that soon. had injectors checked out, said they were fine. mounts all good. nothing touching body. i am worried it is going to cause damage. Thanks
mneal
Isuzu Baby

City: Ft. Smith
Vehicle: 75 gmc 454 truck 88 jag with 300hp 350 many vw's 90 4runner with 4jg2t power

Re: 4jg2t vibration

Postby geeves » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:35 am

compression tester will likely show the fault but a test you can do now is with the engine idling loosen each injector bleed nut one at a time. The diesel is under pressure here so double gloves to protect hands. a bad cylinder will make the least change to revs
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: 4jg2t vibration

Postby mneal » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:59 am

Thank you for reply, i have been away and unable to work on it till this week. i noticed glow plugs leaking and lightly chamfered head and helped 80 percent of vibration. now found head gasket leaking. new head. bolts, and gasket all china. hope to have time soon to pull head.Thanks again
mneal
Isuzu Baby

City: Ft. Smith
Vehicle: 75 gmc 454 truck 88 jag with 300hp 350 many vw's 90 4runner with 4jg2t power

Return to Engine