• Advertisement

4JX1 cylinder head

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4JX1 cylinder head

Postby basil0418 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi Guys
Wondering if some one could offer a little advise,
After replacing my the timing belt on my 2001 Jackaroo 4jx1 it ran the best it ever has for 3 days,(think it may have been a tooth out before) then it blew 3 water hoses in 4 days.
My guess is they had never been replaced since new, I've only had this vehicle for 6 months.
Now the problem is that its done the cylinder head and is pushing out coolant via the over flow in the radiator loosing about half the contents then it starts to over heat after half hr. But actually runs really good considering.
So the question is, should i just get a replacement cylinder head kit on line for just over $1000 or replace the whole dam engine?
Replacement engine seems to be about $5k for a fully reconditioned. I have been thinking about a Jap import too at around $3K

Any advise would be appreciated as I'm not a great mechanic but between me and a friend how is, would we just be asking for trouble in only doing the head replacement?
basil0418
I'm only here for the information

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 2001 Jackaroo Auto

Re: 4JX1 cylinder head

Postby isuzurob » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:16 am

The liners in these engines get holes in them aswell, you need to pull the glow plugs and work out what cylinder it is, sad to say but doing a engine transplant to a 3.1 or 4jj1 would be the best option if you really like the truck or sell it and buy one with the 4jb1 or 4jg2 engine
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Return to Engine