• Advertisement

2.8td rodeo ger drive timing out

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

2.8td rodeo ger drive timing out

Postby stardog » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:58 am

I have a gear drive engine out of a rodeo in the mu I put in a few years ago.
I went to pull the pump out today check all the timing marks pull the inspection cover off the front of the pump find the 0 mark on the pump no worries.
Check timing marks on the harmonic balancer way out rotate engine with 24mm socket about 4-6 times every time the timing marks are facing to the ground not where the pointer is for them on top.
Could of the key way given way and it has moved or has the pump been installed wrong before I bought it .
The engine has never run very good since I bought a while back gutless compared to my 3.1 engine.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: 2.8td rodeo ger drive timing out

Postby geeves » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:49 pm

180 degrees out on a 4 stroke motor. The crank turns twice for every rotation of the cam and pump. If the cam and pump are together then you just fire 4 instead of one and 3 instead of 2 and no one will notice
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby stardog » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:09 pm

I have a feeling the harmonic balancer has spun out of where it should be at I have heard this happens so the timing marks are out on them.
I think the only other options are get a new harmonic balancer or remove rocker cover and find TDC and remark the harmonic balancer and static time that way.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby stardog » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:49 pm

I put engine TDC no1 piston and marked balancer with white out until new balancer arrives next week.
I have a front injector pump seal leak I have a new seal for it ready to go on but want to do it right with the timing when I put it back together.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Return to Engine