• Advertisement

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Postby A7RemMag » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi Team

Help me before i light my Isuzu on fire lol
OK have a 1992 isuzu big horn 3.1 v6 irmscher rs was driving mint but one day it started loosing power and started to cough, splutter, back fire , and a shit load of smoke. took it to the first mechanic he put a o2 senor,plugs,leads,fuel filter,injector cleaner through and that fixed the smoke but still back fires and used a tone of gas. took it back to him but he said that's all he could think of. so took it to number two mechanic he said he had one with the same problem and it was a clogged cat so he took it out and put a pipe in its place but no luck still did the same thing. So took it to no 3 mechanic he said it mite be the the coils, computer,egr valve, fuel pump,crank sensor, injectors tested and cleaned so he changed the lot but still no difference and now about 1800 dent in my wallet. so what it do,s now is it drives mint as when you first start it but soon as it gets warm and you put load on it ie going up hills or in 4th gear and you put your foot down it pop in the front then back fires and loses a ton of power. smells hard of un burnt fuel some time if you are driving it and it do's it you can turn the key on and off when you are driving and it will come right for a bit but then comes back any ideas guys??????
A7RemMag
I'm only here for the information

City: napier
Vehicle: Isuzu bighorn Irmscher rs 3.1 v6 1992

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Postby zacco » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:08 am

Not too many petrol experts here, try itok. Or swap your petrol for diesel.
1989 2wd rodeo4ze1 soon to be 2.8 T/d auto,manual whatever
zacco
Isuzu Junior

City: kuranda
Vehicle: 1991 Isuzu 2.8 t/d,
Mods , holden badges removed, tweaked fuel pump
1991 rodeo d/cab 4ZE1 auto , the horror , the horror !

Postby geeves » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

has an ecu or sensor sound to it.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby 88formula » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:33 am

Sounds like fuel trim. It runs OK when cold, but then it goes to o2 sensor "closed loop" control it gets funky. Cycle the key and it goes back to "open loop" where it runs from predetermined values until back into closed loop.
If it's dumping extra fuel into it, I wold suspect an exhaust leak before the o2. It reads that there is excessive o2 so the computer enriches the mixture, but it's being fed LIES!!!
try driving it with the o2 unplugged! And when cold, idle the engine and have someone hold a rag over the tail pipe to cause some back presure. You should be able to find an exhaust leak that way! Only BEFORE o2 will cause issue.
88formula
Isuzu Baby

City: Calgary
Vehicle: 91 Isuzu pick up. Jdm, 2.8TDI

Return to Engine