• Advertisement

Injector bleeding problem

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Injector bleeding problem

Postby andy120 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:54 pm

I have had to change engines. The injector pump on the new engine was empty. I have diesel at the filter and when pumping, some runs of the return to the tank. When i turn it over i have nothing at the pump outlet to the injectors. Is there a bleed on the pump itself? The shutoff sol is plugged in. It came from a runner.
andy120
Isuzu Junior

City: Gore
Vehicle: 2 manual Wizards + 1 auto

Re: Injector bleeding problem

Postby turnturn » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Is the Fuel Shut Off Solenoid working though? It may be plugged in but does it have power (at least 9 volts from memory).

I have had a vehicle before with a damaged wiring harness running over the back of the motor. The harness had been caught (pinched) between the engine and bellhousing after a clutch replacement.

On the same harness is usually the oil pressure sender, low oil pressure switch and rev counter (maybe the starter solenoid wire also). Do all of these appear to work?

You can test by putting a wire from the battery straight to the Fuel Shut Off Solenoid.
turnturn
Global Moderator

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1993 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Spare Parts/Donor
1994 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1996 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Completely Standard

Re: Injector bleeding problem

Postby andy120 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:55 am

The solenoid clicks when power is applied. I put the harness on when the block was already in. I cannot get the solenoid out. I thought of swapping the pump from the old motor over but i do not have a dial gauge and broke my socket trying to get the crank bolt out of that motor.
andy120
Isuzu Junior

City: Gore
Vehicle: 2 manual Wizards + 1 auto

Return to Engine