• Advertisement

unauthorised mod oil filter

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

unauthorised mod oil filter

Postby blumuu » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:17 pm

hi all, firstly id like to mention how helpful this forum has been with diagnostics and part numbers ect, thank you all for your wealth of knowledge.
now to my problem.. took my baby (93 mu 2.8td auto) to a local mechanic a while ago for a starter motor problem, all fixed now (a long story) anyway I got it back and a few weeks later went to do a service, had the usual filters ect, got to the oil filter and it is now the wrong size. instead of the usual z402 ryco it is now half the size a z79 I think he has just replaced the gasket with a rodeo one?. very angry when I found this!! I know it wont make too much difference but any ideas on how I would go about changing it back to suit the z402 again?
if there is any part numbers or wrecks anyone knows of?
cheers
blumuu
Isuzu Baby

City: Bundy
Vehicle: 93 mu 2.8td auto

Re: unauthorised mod oil filter

Postby geeves » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:52 pm

First question. Is the timing cover behind the fan belts silver alloy or black plastic? It might of had a motor swap
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby blumuu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:14 pm

it is silver alloy I think.. ill have a proper look tomorrow. why is that?
blumuu
Isuzu Baby

City: Bundy
Vehicle: 93 mu 2.8td auto

Postby geeves » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:59 am

If it is alloy you have the gear drive version of the 4jb1. This means the wrong filter is correct. You also never have to change cam belts.
That motor was never used in the Mu but was used in most Rodeos up to about 97. Your motor will have been swapped. As long as you know the differences its not an issue
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Engine