• Advertisement

4JX1 Wont Start

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4JX1 Wont Start

Postby MRFMXAUS01 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Gday all i have a jackaroo with the 4JX1 motor and it wont start any ideas i have been searching and found some people saying it could be the oil rail sensor or the other oil sensor on the side of the motor i guess i should change them and go from there cheers all.
MRFMXAUS01
Isuzu Baby

City: SA
Vehicle: Holden jackaroo 1998 3.0TD

Re: 4JX1 Wont Start

Postby elduderino » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:04 am

Hi there. I had the same problem and after changing the oil (5w synthetic or semi-synthetic), oil and diesel filters, a new Varta battery ($369 on special) and replacing the glow plugs, it still wouldn't start. I got it going last night after changing the fuel rail oil pressure sensor! I used a $60 generic one that claims it is more reliable than the original, (as opposed to the $350 Isuzu one) off Trade Me. It took me around 2 hours to complete the fit and have it up and running again.
elduderino
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Isuzu Wizard 1999

Re: 4JX1 Wont Start

Postby geeves » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:36 pm

Yes that would of been the next guess. Havnt heard of many of those sensors failing but the next options are expensive. Have a check of the wiring loom though. Any sign of oil getting into the loom change it. If the oil gets to the ecu its a very expensive repair
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Engine