• Advertisement

4jb1tc motor fail

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4jb1tc motor fail

Postby pelaomachine » Sun May 14, 2017 8:05 am

Cambiar a espaƱolOne day uncover the egr valve hoses that were with a ball and connect them. I started the engine and walked well for 5 minutes and burned a fuse that said fuel cut. Check the water decanter pump and drain. There was water in it. I gave him contact again and the same thing happened again. The fuel cut fuse burned. And so ... I put a 20A fuse and set it off. He walked and then stopped the engine and walked no more. Loosening the cap of the injectors, I started it and threw oil, closed it and it started again. He walked well for a few hours. He stood up again. He pressed the primer and walked again. It continued to stop every 5 minutes and returned to the starter and returned to depart. I made a two-hour trip and stopped a couple of times and solved it with a primer. And when I arrived at the destination I returned to leave at two o'clock. But this time I walked 50 meters and did not leave any more. It was very low in oil. He was missing more than a liter. So I'm out of a car a week ago. If anyone knows it may be happening I would appreciate it if you tell me. thank you. and sorry for my english. Aim from Chile
pelaomachine
Isuzu Baby

City: los angeles
Vehicle: bighorn '91 4jb1tdi

Re: 4jb1tc motor fail

Postby pelaomachine » Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 am

is the solenoid fuel cut? is ring and pistons? is the egr valve? is air on the fuel line? :/\ its so bad, my vehicle is on 790km distance from me, in a house of friends :( im desesperate
pelaomachine
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Sun May 14, 2017 4:56 pm

sounds like 2 problems. Why is fuel cut out fuse blowing? It could be the wire to the solinoid. They can short out if oil gets on them. Why does the primer get it going? Sounds like air in the system. It could be low fuel but more likely an air leak. Most likely cause is the front seal on the injector pump or the seal on the fuel filter.
Why did it use a lot of oil? Most likely caused by blow by. Make sure your air filter is good but otherwise if the engine is running well fitting a catch can should help
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby pelaomachine » Mon May 15, 2017 4:34 am

Hi. Thanks for answering. How can I make sure there is no air in the pump? Reapplying? Opening it? Taking out the engine?
How can I get oil to the fuel-cutting selenoid? For the bare wire? Can be? Why would this happen within five minutes of idling? Why did not it cut when I put a 20A fuse? (The one that burned was 10 A. Thank you very much.These are my other doubts to approach the error.
pelaomachine
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Mon May 15, 2017 5:44 am

oil leaks can get on the wires. Best way to see if its the filter or pump is to replace the rubber line between the filter and pump with clear plastic. If there are bubbles its the filter. If not its the pump
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby pelaomachine » Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 pm

thank you very much. You have illuminated me !!
pelaomachine
Isuzu Baby

Return to Engine