• Advertisement

EGR removal 1996 Isuzu Mu 4jg2-t auto (drawing provided)

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

EGR removal 1996 Isuzu Mu 4jg2-t auto (drawing provided)

Postby MightyMO0o » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Hey guys I’ve read through every thread on here to do with the Egr removal, but haven’t seen any that are quite like mine.

It would appear I have 2 sets of 2 solenoids one set on the passenger side and one on the drivers side by the firewall (passenger side having a little diaphragm unit also.

I have just traced the whole system and drawn a picture as to where each line goes (not sure what the thing is under the fuel pump, or the push rod diaphragm thing under this).

I want to take off both valves on intake and the valve on the exhaust that is connected to the egr pipe. Also not worried about the a/c idle up either :)

Any help will be much appreciated.
Also there is one line going off to a valve on the exhaust that I’m not too sure about.

I hope you can make sense of my drawing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MightyMO0o
Isuzu Baby

City: Tauranga
Vehicle: 1996 Mu

Re: EGR removal 1996 Isuzu Mu 4jg2-t auto (drawing provided)

Postby tonkamu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Basically everything gets sealed or taken out. Expect for the metal circular diaphragm attached to exhaust turbo flange near the wastegate, leave that there untouched, but cut the vacuum hose and seal hose.

The cluster of hoses and solenoids passenger side can all come out and corresponding hose from alternator that ran the vacuum to those can be cut and sealed with a screw. To make things simple you only need your large vacuum hose from brake booster to alternator and the small hose from intercooler/intake to fuel pump.

The intake and exhaust manifolds need to be sealed, you can do that by leaving the egr on and taking off the hose attached to the diaphragm. Either have to get both sides welded where you want or plated up to seal both manifolds.

Everything else hits the floor.

That's what I did and its much better on the eyes now.
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Re: EGR removal 1996 Isuzu Mu 4jg2-t auto (drawing provided)

Postby PasanKoswatta » Sat May 30, 2020 8:46 pm

Hi,

Do you have a full picture of the under the hood??
PasanKoswatta
I'm only here for the information

City: Colombo
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 3.1TD

Return to Engine