• Advertisement

Engine just stopped

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Engine just stopped

Postby Floyd » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so hope I'm doing it right.
I have a 1998 Isuzu Wizard with the 4jx1 motor. Last week on the way to work it just stopped at about 80kph, towed it home and since then I have replace the injector wiring loom, rail preasure sensor, both oil filters, oil, fuel filter, also cleaned the fuel tank pick up, the fuel is good and clean, I removed sump cleaned and checked the oil pickups.
There seems to be plenty of preasure in the rail oil feed pipe. I purchased a Mechpro Auto Code Reader and plugged it in, at first it gave me a fault with the rail preasure senser but then I realised I hadn't plugged the sensor back up to the loom. Now the code reader won't communicate with the ECU, it comes up with communication eror, I know the reader works as I plugged it into my wifes car and it worked fine.
I am at my wits end, I am starting to think the ECU may have packed it in.
Any suggestions on what may be the problem????
Floyd
I'm only here for the information

City: Hastings
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Wizard 4jx1

Re: Engine just stopped

Postby geeves » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:12 am

A common failure is oil in the loom from the oil pressure sender getting into the ecu and causing it to fail. Otherwise so many things. Rob is the expert
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Engine just stopped

Postby Floyd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks geeves, when I put the new loom on I cleaned all the plugs and connectors out with degreaser and air.
Floyd
I'm only here for the information

City: Hastings
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Wizard 4jx1

Return to Engine