• Advertisement

Help, My Bighorn sounds like its dieing

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Help, My Bighorn sounds like its dieing

Postby ntwitu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:40 pm

So after a year of no issues i decided to take my bighorn on a trip down south, on the way home this notice was heard and will not go away. It sounds like ive got angry pigs under the bonnet wanting to get out.

Has anyone had this? Only happens when coming on boost, and gets worse the more you put your foot down.

https://youtu.be/D39MYc379ic

HELP PLEASE.
ntwitu
I'm only here for the information

City: ChCh
Vehicle: 1992 3.1DT Bighorn

Re: Help, My Bighorn sounds like its dieing

Postby geeves » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:14 pm

3 possibilities
1 the one you dont want is a bad turbo. It doesnt quite sound like that though
2 air leak on the pressure side of the turbo to inlet manifold. My old wagon made that sound 2 weeks after buying due to the mechanic not sealing the plate he used to remove the egr. Easy to fix hard to track down
3 restriction in the inlet system. I had that with a replacement snorkel on the current wagon because the 2 parts through the guard clamped together too tight. I fixed it by putting a spacer on the bolt and resealed.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Help, My Bighorn sounds like its dieing

Postby isuzurob » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Sounds like the tin exhaust manifold to head gaskets, caused from broken or loose studs, very common
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Return to Engine