• Advertisement

Cooling System Issue

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Cooling System Issue

Postby HBKHHH » Sun May 19, 2019 5:05 am

DSC_0009.JPG
Hi Guys

I have an Trooper 2.8 td intercooled i bought 2 days ago on getting home with it i noticed a hissing sound it didnt take long to figure out that the fat hose that goes from the top of the radiator to what i assume is the thermostat housing was the problem i also noticed the water on the expansion tank was brown so today i flushed out the whole system and tightened up the hose clamps and all seemed well until go the engine upto temperature and now i have another hissig/whistling sound coming from what sounds like the back/left of the engine under the intercooler but i cant seem to find anything so and ideas as to where to look would be great also i have no hot air coming out the vents don't know if this is related or not i assume it is. I also have 2 sensors that need replacing but i'm not sure what there for i guessing there temp sensors but the numbers on them don't help so i have posted a picture of them so hopefully some one can tell me

Thanks
Stephen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HBKHHH
Isuzu Baby

City: St Clement
Vehicle: Isuzu Trooper Bighorn 1990

Re: Cooling System Issue

Postby geeves » Sun May 19, 2019 8:08 am

there is a hose that runs from the thermostat housing to the rear of the engine under the intercooler. You can replace with plain hose but get rid of those wire clamps and replace with new ones. I would be looking at all your hoses The other troublesome one goes around the back of the engine to the oil cooler
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Cooling System Issue

Postby HBKHHH » Sun May 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi Geeves

thanks i'll have a look it never easy is it any idea what those sensors are in my picture above

Thanks
Stephen
HBKHHH
Isuzu Baby

City: St Clement
Vehicle: Isuzu Trooper Bighorn 1990

Return to Engine