• Advertisement

Isuzu Oil Sump Rubber

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Isuzu Oil Sump Rubber

Postby WelshBoy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:56 am

Hi
I have a 3.1 1994 Td 4JG2 I had to replace the timing case cover gasket done that. Now is it possible to get the U shaped rubber back on between the sump and the timing case without taking out the sump to do so, I have been at it for hours but cannot get it to go back into the groove correctly.
WelshBoy
Isuzu Baby

City: tron
Vehicle: Isuzu bighorn 3.1 1994

Re: Isuzu Oil Sump Rubber

Postby handymanny01 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:31 pm

I did this exact job years ago on mine..(you prise it off ,, but it wont go back on). its essentially impossible, as the cover is doweled on, and therefor has to go straight on.. the rubber seal to sump is fully in the way of this, so i drilled and tapped the dowels, made tiny slide hammer to remove them..and pulled them out.. then refitted the front cover, then tapped the dowels back in through the cover once id settled the cover down into the seal (with lots of good silicone) and fitted the cover bolts (loosely tightened) Normally the cover would go onto the block first,,, then the sump would get fitted... but sometimes ya gotta get creative when youre in elbow deep on a job!
handymanny01
Isuzu Junior

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 3.1 Direct injection 4JG1 conversion, Vf10 hybrid, ported wastegate, mild port head, custom 12mm pump, 3"dump and system, 3" inlet / pod filter, EGR delete, 2" body lift, 2" (ish) suspension lift, 33" on 15" steelies , recaro seats, nardi wheel,,, rear LSD , front "lokka"

Re: Isuzu Oil Sump Rubber

Postby WelshBoy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:25 pm

handymanny01 wrote:I did this exact job years ago on mine..(you prise it off ,, but it wont go back on). its essentially impossible, as the cover is doweled on, and therefor has to go straight on.. the rubber seal to sump is fully in the way of this, so i drilled and tapped the dowels, made tiny slide hammer to remove them..and pulled them out.. then refitted the front cover, then tapped the dowels back in through the cover once id settled the cover down into the seal (with lots of good silicone) and fitted the cover bolts (loosely tightened) Normally the cover would go onto the block first,,, then the sump would get fitted... but sometimes ya gotta get creative when youre in elbow deep on a job!

Hi yep that's what I had to do but I got away with just taking out the bottom dowl. But I could not use a new rubber had to use the old one if I had taken out the top dowl I think would have been ok with new rubber. Thanks for the reply
WelshBoy
Isuzu Baby

City: tron
Vehicle: Isuzu bighorn 3.1 1994

Return to Engine