• Advertisement

4JB1 Engine rebuild Kit

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4JB1 Engine rebuild Kit

Postby Brian » Sat May 02, 2020 2:57 am

Hi guys
I am new to this forum and I need your help
I am a new owner of a small Isuzu truck with 4JB1 engine. After a few minutes of the engine running it pushes oil and eventually sprays it
through the dip stick. So i guess it needs a rebuild. What brands of rebuild kits should I look at. I don't want to buy a random kit from China.
I need your advise in this. How many kilometers should I expect out of the engine after a rebuild?
Thanks
Brian
I'm only here for the information

City: Kampala
Vehicle: Isuzu 4jb1

Re: 4JB1 Engine rebuild Kit

Postby geeves » Sat May 02, 2020 7:09 am

original equipment is best. Have you got a machine shop to measure clearances and complete any required machining. If you are lucky you may only need rings and bearings but you wont know until you take the head off. Has the motor been rebuilt previously? If original you need cast iron rings. If its been rebuilt it may have been built with liners made from either cast iron or chrome alloy. You need rings or the opposite material. If you need liners chrome is best but expensive
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Brian » Sat May 02, 2020 7:27 am

I would like to invest in a complete overhaul with new parts. Mainly Pistons, rings, sleeves/liner for all the cylinders. Any particular brands you can point me towards? When u say original equipment what do you mean because I haven't seen ISUZU branded pistons and stuff.Am looking to buy from Alibaba. The reason I want to do a complete rebuild is because my mechanic told me that we needed to buy one sleeve and one piston. So we did that, replaced all the rings, gasket,and bearings but but the problem of the oil spraying from the dip stick became worse after. Am just starting out learning more about engines in practice. But I have good skills in electronics and also working with tools and materials like wood and metal.So am super positive that I will learn quick.
Brian
I'm only here for the information

City: Kampala
Vehicle: Isuzu 4jb1

Postby geeves » Sat May 02, 2020 11:29 am

Do you have Isuzu dealers in Uganda?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Engine