• Advertisement

Isuzu MU oil leak

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Isuzu MU oil leak

Postby gozoish » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:01 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I come from Malta Europe and just rebuilt an ISUZU 4JB1 T engine fitted on my newly acquired 1992 Isuzu MU. I installed the engine in the Mu and all started fine but I am having an oil leak from inside the timing belt cover. I removed the timing belt cover and timing belt and found an oil leak coming form the camshaft oil seal. I again replaced the oil seal, put back everything on and started the engine all was fine, After a 30 mins drive I parked the MU and again a drip of oil was found on the floor. Checked the source and again coming form the camshaft oil seal. I am stuck here not knowing what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all :)

David
gozoish
Isuzu Baby

City: gharb
Vehicle: 1992 isuzu MU 4JB1T

Re: Isuzu MU oil leak

Postby geeves » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:15 am

look at the cam for a lip where the seal runs. Try and position the seal so it does not run on the lip. If that fails new cam
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Isuzu MU oil leak

Postby gozoish » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:24 am

Thank you for your help. The camshaft doesn’t directly run on the oil seal. There is an oil seal holder and a sort of an adapter that goes into the camshaft. I am attaching the drawings. Thank you again. https://photos.app.goo.gl/z3EuNELnGM2VA4s76
gozoish
Isuzu Baby

City: gharb
Vehicle: 1992 isuzu MU 4JB1T

Return to Engine