• Advertisement

led headlights

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

led headlights

Postby mudslinger » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:41 pm

just swapped my bulbs out for led bulbs, way brighter, however i when i pull stalk onto high beam before it clicks the left side stays on low beam, the right side goes to high beam and after the stalk clicks on high beam the left side turns off completely, right side stays on high beam, anyone have any ideas'? normal bulbs work fine. cheers got me stumped
mudslinger
Isuzu Master

City: CHCH
Vehicle: 91 mu 2.8TD manual

Re: led headlights

Postby geeves » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:37 pm

First step swap the bulbs over to verify its not dud bulbs. Could be the plugs. Ive just replaced a plug on a Festiva. Not impressed with Ford wiring standards. The wire to the plug could have been used as a fuse wire
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:45 am

bit off topic but as of Thursday led and hid headlight conversions are illegal in nz as of new wof rules which is dumb as you said the light is far better
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby geeves » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Tell us more. I know hid was only allowed if it was a complete lamp assembly as it needs a different reflector but led was meant to mimic a standard bulb. Not to worry I will just keep to the hella +50s
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:56 pm

As of last Thursday the wof rules changed to no replacement hid or led bulbs to be fitted along with 4 other rules thst were year amendments of things etc just letting you know, did think many inspectors will care, good cracking down on it around taupo also
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby geeves » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:16 pm

If they are blinding other drivers its a good rule but if its just because there is a risc of splill over light then the existing rules wouild have covered it.
I had been looking at led conversions but wasnt fussed on the fan cooling on the decent wattage bulbs
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby mudslinger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:49 pm

well thats a stupid rule, plenty of cars that have lights out of alignment are just as much to blame. yea its a dud bulb luckily, although after getting a mouthful of water it seems to work now. my leds have the fans too but they dont seem to mind the water or mud this far anyways. as long as the headlights are aligned correctly i dont see how they can blind other people as the lens has the reflector in it
mudslinger
Isuzu Master

City: CHCH
Vehicle: 91 mu 2.8TD manual

Return to Electrical