• Advertisement

Front Parking Lights not working

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Front Parking Lights not working

Postby ebenv » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi there,

I have a 2003 Holden Monterey (4JX1). Ok we all know it is just an Isuzu, it is just a badge thing...

I used a trailor once with faulty wiring and caused one of the fuses to blow and some of my lights did not work after that (I was not aware of the faulty wiring of the trailor). Replacing the fuse got almost everything sorted out again except for the front parking lights. I have now gone through the fuse box twice and the relay box in the engine bay to see if I can see something obvious but nothing. I know the switch is working as the rear parking lights switch on when I turn the switch. I suspect it is a relay that is faulty but none of the relays is marked for the parking or headlights etc. Does anyone know if it might be a relay problem? If so, which relay would control the front parking lights?

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks
ebenv
I'm only here for the information

City: Wellington
Vehicle: 2003 Holden Monterey (Isuzu Bighorn)

Re: Front Parking Lights not working

Postby geeves » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:49 pm

All the lights come off the same relay. Is it possible that you popped tthe bulbs with the trailer fault
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Captcol » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Headlights would be a seperate relay wouldn't they?
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby ebenv » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks for the reply so far. Yes, I think it may be possible that the light bulbs could have popped, so it would be the next thing to check... I was thinking that two light bulbs are less likely to pop together like this. If they did then it's another thing that I have learned.

As for the relay or relays. I did check for a relay that specified "parking lights" but could not see anything and I remember from when I replaced the fuse that it was bundled up together with other functions such as the dash's lights...

Well before I get my multimeter out and start tracing wires I'll check the light bulbs and then I need to determine which reley may be the culprit... Ok here comes another thought. Would it not be the same relay that switch on the front and rear parking lights? If it is then it may not be the fault of the relay... Ok let me check the light bulbs first..
ebenv
I'm only here for the information

City: Wellington
Vehicle: 2003 Holden Monterey (Isuzu Bighorn)

Postby geeves » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:47 am

same relay for all park lights
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Captcol » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:01 pm

I found a dodgey earth in one of my park lights this morning that wasn't helping my issues I took the park light assemblies out and then used two short pieces of wire to wire directly from the battery to the plug and found if I took the bulb out and used the wires it worked by not in the holder, played with the earth ... much better.

So check your earth connections as well
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Return to Electrical