• Advertisement

Shifter not selecting park & master window control

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Shifter not selecting park & master window control

Postby TomHend » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi all first time poster here!

I have a Auto 1995 UBS69GW bighorn

I’m having issues with my master window controller. It’s packed up completely and I can only get the drivers window to go down after pulling it apart completely! Any fixes you someone has come up with for this apart from buying another controller just to have that one burn out to?

And secondly I’m having issues with my shifter selecting park. This means I can’t start the car as it doesn’t recognise it’s in the park gear. No issues with the gearbox going into park, just the gear not showing up on the dash.
TomHend
I'm only here for the information

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1995 Isuzu Bighorn 3.1DT

Re: Shifter not selecting park & master window control

Postby geeves » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:14 pm

There is no window controller just switches and relays. Try cleaning the switch contacts but they are fiddly times 10.
for the auto your inhibitor switch is faulty. Your reverse lights might also be not working. Short term try wiggling the selector sideways while trying to start. You can sometimes clean the contacts in the switch
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Shifter not selecting park & master window control

Postby TomHend » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:45 pm

geeves wrote:There is no window controller just switches and relays. Try cleaning the switch contacts but they are fiddly times 10.
for the auto your inhibitor switch is faulty. Your reverse lights might also be not working. Short term try wiggling the selector sideways while trying to start. You can sometimes clean the contacts in the switch

Cheers mate, I’ll have a go with the inhibitor switch tomorrow! I get all my lights up on the dash once the motor is warm and reverse lights work, but reverse not showing up causes the lights not to go when it’s cold.
I’ve pulled the window control apart after having read a a couple of other posts on here but still won’t go. I’ve seen a fella in Auckland re-conditions them so I’m thinking I’ll send it up to him.

Cheers
TomHend
I'm only here for the information

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1995 Isuzu Bighorn 3.1DT

Return to Electrical