• Advertisement

mu sterious issue

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

mu sterious issue

Postby mudslinger » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Last couple days when i indicate to turn right my volt gauge drops to zero, temp gauge goes up to the top, my glow plug light comes on and my head unit turns off then when turn indicator off few seconds later everything comes back to normal.

got me stumped thats for sure.....

Also noticed on volt gauge volts sit lower than what used to.

Poss charge relay???
mudslinger
Isuzu Master

City: CHCH
Vehicle: 91 mu 2.8TD manual

Re: mu sterious issue

Postby dasnoboarder » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:32 am

Your's sounds pretty dramatic so it could be something more serious but the indicators are known to have bad earths.

Haven't got around to fixing mine, but it causes the volt meter to drop, my inverter will give a warning beep every click, and the other instruments either go dimm or the measurement will dip.

When I did the air compressor install an earth got disturbed and the indicator circuit was earthing through the wipers, so whenever I turned I got some wipers for free :D

Andy.
Last edited by dasnoboarder on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dasnoboarder
Isuzu Master

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu MU 2.8L 4JB1TI

Re: mu sterious issue

Postby wbski007 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:11 am

sounds like an earth problem to me too,have touched any wires or done any work under the dash or bonnet lately, I always think of what I did just before the problem started, ie was I moving any wires around to get to something else??
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Return to Electrical