• Advertisement

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

Postby Bikedude » Sat May 15, 2010 9:41 am

I have a 96 Bighorn (last of the EFI models???) and am having real problems with the TPS. The car misses /idles badly and check engine light comes on. Everything I have read online points to the TPS unit. Biggest problem right now... where is it? One guy has told me its in the throttle (I cant see it but there is a small round black thing but more than three wires) someone else has said on top of the injector pump but nothing on top, although there is something on the side but I assume that is the electrical part of the pump control? The engine is a 4JG2I UBS 69 gw whatever all that means. Does anyone have an idea where it is, and even better a picture or exploded view of where is it and what it looks like. If I can locate it I can sort it. Meanwhile I fear its going to damage the engine. I also understand it is fairly responsible for the engine overheating and the stuck in third when its hot problem. At least it certainly doesnt help.
Can anyone help me
Rod :|
Bikedude
Isuzu Baby

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 3.1

Re: Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

Postby Bikedude » Sat May 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi guys,
Found it. It was on the side of the throttle pedal. Did the ohm test and it failed dismally. At least I know what Im replacing.
Cheers
Rod
Bikedude
Isuzu Baby

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 3.1

Re: Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

Postby saidkd » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:31 am

Hi Rod,

I also have the same model with the same issue (TPS). Can you please let me know how you solved it? Appreciate your help.

Thanks - Kumara
saidkd
I'm only here for the information

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Issuze Bighorn (1996)

Return to Electrical