• Advertisement

Rear Demister Tabs

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Rear Demister Tabs

Postby Captcol » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:31 am

Both of the tabs for the rear demister have broken off part way up, the remainder of the tab is still in the plug, I wasn't worried about this to start with but with carrying some damp gear in the back of my truck I would like it working now. I thought about soldering some new tabs on but I am not so keen on putting that much heat near glass. Is there some kinda of conductive compound that I can use to join these together that doesn't require heat? Am I just being chicken about this and should just solder them on? Is there a better option?
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Re: Rear Demister Tabs

Postby geeves » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:52 pm

If I understand correctly you still have a stub to solder to. If so then place a wet rag on the glas tightly around the terminal while you solder.
Only other option is to scrap off the entire demister if its not set in the glass and fit an aftermarket demister
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Rear Demister Tabs

Postby Captcol » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Yes, I have stubs left, I will pull the glass off over the holidays and give the soldering a go. The scraping off seems like the tougher option
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Return to Electrical