• Advertisement

Sporadic non starter

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Re: Sporadic non starter

Postby PaladinAus » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Tips... Yeah... pay someone to do it... haha

Nah If I have any luck I'll let you know.
PaladinAus
Isuzu Baby

City: Sydney
Vehicle: 93 Isuzu Mu, 2.8TD, Auto

Postby PaladinAus » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:04 pm

OK, so I made it sound a hell of a lot worse than it really was. I can't believe that I struggled so much in hindsight... All I missed was a bloody zip tie on the wire conduit.

Undo the Bolt on top, undo the nut on the shaft, remove lock washer and washer/gasket. Cut cable ties along the length of wire all the way up to the passenger side engine bay. Then all there is to do is un-clip the loom and pull the wire through.

Only other advice I can offer is don't over fill it with grease or it will restrict the movement inside the switch. I also gave the contacts a quick rub with some fine sand paper before I greased it up. Also took the opportunity to clean up the plug as well. Reconnected it, and gave it a test run before I bolted it back up.

End result, runs beautifully, starts every time (so far - Touch wood) and cost nothing to fix.
PaladinAus
Isuzu Baby

City: Sydney
Vehicle: 93 Isuzu Mu, 2.8TD, Auto

Postby Captcol » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:39 am

I found I needed to remove the two springs in the lever and clean them out as well, it was then gummed up with grease not pushing the contacts together until the grease warmed up that was my problem, and is again now, will give them a good clean this time
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Previous

Return to Electrical