• Advertisement

Passenger Window - Not working

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Passenger Window - Not working

Postby frangii » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:26 pm

After searching for similar topics and not finding any results, I thought i'd ask and see if anyone can help out with what may be a general auto-eleccy question.

Passenger window switch isn't working. I've tried cleaning and closely inspecting the switch (as per the other thread on window switches) however this didn't work. I even bought a window switch from NZ and needless to say this didn't fix my problem (switch is now for sale at cost price if you're interested!)

The window motor works only from the driver's switch. When the passenger switch is disconnected from the loom, the driver's switch does not operate the passenger window - simple circuit disconnection i would assume. This lead me to believe that it would have been a faulty switch however obviously not!

I'm unsure of what to do next or where to look for problems or what to replace if in fact i need to replace anything.

Any pointers?

Cheers
Dave.
frangii
Isuzu Baby

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 92 Mu 4jb1t

Re: Passenger Window - Not working

Postby geeves » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:49 pm

My money is still on the switch. NZ must of sent a dud. Meter the contacts
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Caboolture » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Funny story...My son has a MU and he was complaining that he is on his 3rd passenger side window switch in a week. It wasn't the switch that was the problem it was him pushing down the window locking button on drivers side accidently and thinking "another switch burnt out"...
Caboolture
Isuzu Junior

City: caboolture
Vehicle: 90 mu

Postby frangii » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:02 pm

The Mu doesn't have a window locking switch - but that is a funny story.

Will meter the contacts Geeves however my ignorance must be made known! From memory there are 5 wires going into the switch. Should i be looking for approx 12v at the switch or on the small internal contacts?
frangii
Isuzu Baby

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 92 Mu 4jb1t

Postby Caboolture » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 pm

He must have a different door card as it has one and probablly explains why he can pick up passenger window rocker switches from bursons auto parts. Mine is the same year and has wind up windows.
Caboolture
Isuzu Junior

City: caboolture
Vehicle: 90 mu

Postby geeves » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:41 am

Good point. First take the switch out and meter the resistance across the contacts. Opening the switch makes this easier but even without opening its possible to work out what is what. You should have 2 shorts and 2 opens in the idle position and the opposite once the switch is operated. Cant remember what the 5th wire does.
Reconnect . Check for 12v entering door and and 12 v when switch operated going to the motor.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby geeves » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:44 am

I have had corrosion in the plug between the door and body but that stopped everything working
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Return to Electrical