• Advertisement

Blowing fuse

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Re: Blowing fuse

Postby InVinceble » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Hey Muzila, did you ever get to the bottom of this?
My truck has done the same this morning!
Waterblasted the crap out the engine bay last night, drove 12+km this morning then it died.
Found fuse C-9 (15amp) to the fuel cut solenoid had blown. Changed it and got another 0.5km before it blew.
...carried on to work on foot!
I'm guessing that water has got into the solenoid causing a short.
Looking forward to investigating tonight...not!
InVinceble
Isuzu Baby

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: Stripped out '94 Honda Horizon 3.1td ....it was modded, just a bit.

Postby InVinceble » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:44 pm

....managed a roadside fix.
The solenoid switched correctly when disconnected from the loom and a wire attached directly to the battery.
Checked the wire to the solenoid with a meter and there's a short in there somewhere.
So I'll be running a new wire back to the fuse.
Lucky that this fuse only has the solenoid on it.
InVinceble
Isuzu Baby

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: Stripped out '94 Honda Horizon 3.1td ....it was modded, just a bit.

Postby muzila » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 pm

No I never did find what the problem was. It came right and never did it again. I have lost my temp gauge though. Having said that I no its not the gauge as its been replaced with a working one and same thing. and the last 2 weekends I have been playing at the river and when it gets realy wet under the bonnet the neadle quivers for a while but thats it.

I not going to get too worried about it as the whole truck is getting totally stripped and rebuilt starting next winter. Just babying it along untill then.
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby muzila » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Well Well Well.....

I had to replace my front brake pads today so while I had it jacked up on axel stands I got under the old gurl and had a bloody good nosey.....

I found the fault in my wiring for the temp gauge and thats what was blowing the fuses. Havnt fixed it yet as I have to take the intake mani off and fuel pump. (fix that leak at same time) But its the wiring along the block about half way along the motor. there is a whole lot of wires in there and I found a bare one. Played with it and pop there goes the same fuse.

Fixed it as good as I could for now and wha la temp gauge works!!!

Found a few other bits and peices to work on under there too but thats another story...
muzila
Site Admin

Postby geeves » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:43 pm

If the pumps leaking from the top cover or the throttle control it can be fixed in place. Not a pleasant task tho
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby muzila » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:48 pm

I not sure where it is leaking from unfortunatly. But there is a lot of diesel running down the side of the motor. Hence why I plan on pulling intake and pump off to inspect. and get to that wiring problem in there.

Kant c any of it being very nice to do ..... :-)
muzila
Site Admin

Postby wbski007 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:36 pm

your saying the sensor in the thurmostat housing with two wires coming out of it is the cold start sensor?
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby geeves » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:57 am

That might not apply to the 2.5 as its likly to have electronic control
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby muzila » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:39 am

Well I took the intake manifold off today to fix the fuel pump leak and the wireing that needed attention.

1st the fuel pump isn't leaking. yay...
It was the manifold. Boo...

It was leaking in all four ports through the bottom. Dont understand it but yea. Cleaned it all up. The gasket was fine so thru sum sealer at it and yea fine now.

Took all the injectors and glow plugs out and checked and cleaned those too.

Now for the reason for this thread the wiring!!!!!!!!! What a bloody mess. 5 wires that go to the temp sensors melted all together. Then to make matters worse they shorted against the block as well. Anyway I cut the melted mess out and rewired them with new wire and hooked it all back up.

Now all seems to go a lot better.

Image00023.jpg

Image00033.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muzila
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Electrical