• Advertisement

Where to put my spots

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Where to put my spots

Postby slightlydodgy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:19 pm

I got a couple of cheapie 100 watt rectangle spots the other day as the paddocks on this job are a bit bigger than our last joband I can't see the end of themin the dark. the problem is where to put them. My bull bar only sticks out 80mm from the grill and the lights are about 60mm deep meaning not alot of protection from a cow backing up or a marauding gorse bush. I had thought about cutting or putting them behind the grill but then I have to make some sort of mount. I personally think mounting them on the headboard of a double cab is a complete waste of time -most of your light is on your roof. if I mount above the windscreen is mounting directly to the roof an option (I don't have an underpass anymore so no hieght issues) Help please :cry:
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Re: Where to put my spots

Postby 98Rodeo » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:28 pm

I have HID spotties on my headboard on my ute, they work a treat, no light inside the cab or glare off the roof/bonnet, i guess it depends on the spotties weather they will hit the roof too much or not. Image
*you can get these off ebay, the australian sellers mark them up too much so i got them from a chian seller for 180 for the pair + 20 postage :-)
98Rodeo
Isuzu Master

City: Perth
Vehicle: 98 Turbo Diesel Rodeo Dual Cab

Postby slightlydodgy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:51 pm

:oops: Whoops sorry I'll take have to prise my gumboot out of my mouth.
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby PaladinAus » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:53 pm

98Rodeo wrote:*you can get these off ebay, the australian sellers mark them up too much so i got them from a chian seller for 180 for the pair + 20 postage :-)

Any chance you have the details of who you got them from?

Thanks
PaladinAus
Isuzu Baby

City: Sydney
Vehicle: 93 Isuzu Mu, 2.8TD, Auto

Postby 98Rodeo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:20 pm

yes i do :-) I got them from this seller, heres a link to his store...
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Egoleap?_rdc=1
I'd reccomend going the new 7" 55w ones if you can afford them (still cheap on other brands tho)
mine are the 4 inch, definately get the euro beam set, unless you only go on the highway then a spot and euro would be handy

and slightly dodgy, yours may glow on the roof, depends on how high your headboard is (some are a bit different) and what beam they have, the euro beam is kinda like this <>
98Rodeo
Isuzu Master

City: Perth
Vehicle: 98 Turbo Diesel Rodeo Dual Cab

Return to Electrical