• Advertisement

Sump oil dash light turned on after underside car wash

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Sump oil dash light turned on after underside car wash

Postby erns2010 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Went to Fraser for a week with my Isuzu mu 1992, 4jb1T. Going through deepish puddles engine remained on but the dash lights all came on as if the vehicle had stalled although it hadn't. After maybe 5 seconds the lights turned off. This happens when going through water levels higher than mid wheel.

Could the water shorted something temporarily to cause the dash lights on turn on?

After getting back onto the mainland i went to get a underside carwash. The car sits centered on a grilled panel and high pressure water gets jet sprayed under the car to wash off sand / saltwater. Soon after leaving the carwash the sump oil red dash light turned on for sometime during my trip to Brisbane. The light turned off for a while when I turned a corner then came back on when I turned another corner. I'm not sure if the turning action is related or not. It's still on every time I turn on the vehicle. The car does not and has not been leaking oil. It's had a new 4jb1t engine fitted from Rolin motors gold coast les than 3 months ago.

Could anyone enlighten me on what's goign on with this light? What does the sump oil light mean? can it be turned on as a symptom of another problem?

Thanks in advance!
erns2010
I'm only here for the information

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 1992 MU 2.8L Diesel

Re: Sump oil dash light turned on after underside car wash

Postby Blondini » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:51 pm

your dash lights will always come on when you go throw deep water becouse the alternator will stop working and will work again.
Your sump light problem will be a lose connection or a broken wire, Have a good look around the bottom of the motor.
Hope this helps
Blondini
Isuzu Senior

City: Papamoa Tauranga
Vehicle: 93 ISUZU BIGHORN 3.1 TDI 5 DOOR
POD FILTER, 2 1/2" EXHAUST AND FREE FLOW MUFFLER
HOME MADE 3" SNORKEL AND HANKOOK RT03 265/75/16 (32") MUD TYRES.

Re: Sump oil dash light turned on after underside car wash

Postby kcsoft » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 pm

had this problem before, check the sender and all connections as stated by Blondini, otherwise it may be time for a new sender (if it was a new one it may have been a dud)
kcsoft
Isuzu Master

City: B'Berg
Vehicle: 1993 MU 2.8Td

HID Spotlights, Stock suspension, Stock Wheels, custom roof cage on rola racks.

R.I.P. Shane. please people stop smoking!

Return to Electrical